Saturday 23 June 2007

Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69

I got my first real six-string - bought it at the five and dime

Played it til my fingers bled - it was the summer of '69

Me and some guys from school - had a band and we tried real hard

Jimmy quit and Jody got married - I should have known we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now - That summer seemed to last forever

And if I had the choice - ya - I'd always wanna be there

Those were the best days of my life

Ain't no use in complaining - when you got a job to do

Spent my evening's down at the drive-in - and that's when I met you - ya Standing' on your mama's porch - you told me that you'd wait forever


Oh and when you held my hand - I knew that it was now or never

Those were the best days of my life - back in the summer of '69

Man we were killing' time - we were young and restless

We needed to unwind - I guess nothing' can last forever - no And now the times are changing'

Look at everything that's come and gone

Sometimes when I play that old six-string I think about ya wonder what went wrong

Standing' on your mama's porch - you told me it would last forever

Oh and when you held my hand - I knew that it was ow or never - ya

Those were the best days of my life - oh ya - back in the summer of '69

Ya - me and my baby in '69

It was the summer of '69

1 comment:

ayaniv said...

Another day in office

The Birth Of India's Soul

 B R Ambedkar,  With steady hand,   Crafted justice for a divided land.   With ink and thought,  Through day and night,   He shaped a future...