Monday 17 September 2007

My mother, my inspiration. Meri Aayi...Meri Maa. Love You.

I admire my mother the most. She is a perfect embodiment of what a woman has to be. She is beauty and discipline personified. She strikes a unique balance between a caring mother, a loving housewife and an adorable grandmother. I learned the meaning of sacrifice from her. She can balance the role of a working woman and a responsible wife with so much amount of an ease, which is admirable. From her I learnt what love is all about. 

The value of time, the understanding of cleanliness being next to godliness. Her childish pranks and curiosity makes me wonder and prevents me from killing the child in me. There is something cute about her. I am extremely lucky to have her as my mother. She made everyday of my life worth living. She gave a meaning to my life. I long for her warm hug and care. She inspired the obsession in me for perfection. She taught me that no job is mean, from cleaning your own utensils to washing your own clothes to cleaning your toilet. She made me independent and self-reliant. She developed in me the love for nature and everything that's natural. She taught me that there is a cure for everything and nature has the answers to most of the problem. Her love for greenery and gardening was transpired into me. May be I got it in my genes. I am what I am today because of my mother. 

My behaviour reflects what my mother taught me. Sometimes her energy and perseverance drives me nuts. As I keep on thinking how can a person have so much amount of tolerance. She is my little birdie, who taught me how to fly and touch the skies. She made me understand the beauty and value of being a women. Seeing her relationship with my father, I realized the strength and meaning of marriage. I understood how a little bit of sacrifice can go a long way in stabilizing and nurturing ties. 

When I see relationships breaking, I admire my parents all the more. More than three decades together, despite of all the rumblings and ups and downs of life. Hats off to them!!! And I know mumma's contribution is a lot. Her spirit of singing and dancing and making us smile in the most difficult moments is inspirational. No money in the purse but lot of goodwill that can take you miles on life's road. She taught me never to give-up. Never quit without trying. The value of hard work, honesty and truth and the fearlessness, which these characters give you. She taught an atheist like me the value of a higher power called God. She has tremendous faith in righteousness and God. 

She gave us little surprises all the time. Understanding our needs before we even blurt it out. I think I am blessed to have a mother like her. Our tears always use to transform her from a mini-Hitler to an angelic caring mother. Her cane and care are both infamous. I think I am privileged to have it both and to have an absolutely wonderful woman as my mother.

No comments:

The Birth Of India's Soul

 B R Ambedkar,  With steady hand,   Crafted justice for a divided land.   With ink and thought,  Through day and night,   He shaped a future...