Thursday 27 September 2007

Paris Hilton in Rwanda

The ‘changed’ hotel heiress is planning a trip to Rwanda, according to E! Online, as part of her new, post-jail commitment to bring the spotlight to what she feels are important causes around the world.

"I’ll be going in November, after I get back from filming my movie," Paris said to E!’s Tina Dirmann, as she was boarding a plane to film her new role in the horror-musical flick Repo!

"There’s so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help."

Paris was originally invited to visit the African country by Scott Lazerson, who founded Playing For Good. He set up the organisation in 2006 to help big business names and entertainment celebrities become involved in a variety of charities benefiting children and families in need.

And it looks like the 26-year-old has more philanthropic trips up her sleeve.
"I want to visit more countries where poverty and children’s issues are a big concern," added Paris.

"I know there’s a lot of good I can do just by getting involved and bringing attention to these issues."

No comments:

The Birth Of India's Soul

 B R Ambedkar,  With steady hand,   Crafted justice for a divided land.   With ink and thought,  Through day and night,   He shaped a future...