Tuesday 13 February 2007

My papa

Recently in Mangalore I had met a chinese who had told me if a daughter resembles her father then it is consider as a lucky sign according to the Chinese beliefs. Hmmm that made me wonder....people say I resemble Appa......though unlike me he is lean. Ya, even Amma told that when I was born, the luck changed hands...and dad got commission as an Army Officer. I was born in Hyderabad, the Army Hospital in Golconda. He is also an extremely diligent and intelligent person. Sense of art, architecture, love and care for animals....his sense of going into the minute details leaves me always in utter admiration.Never lose cool. So pragmatic...his face is so serene, calm.......He never brought any of the office troubles home...never spoke a single harsh word today...never raised his hands on us....Wow dad, now when I think or look back...I wonder how did you survive. I know you were always passionate about Volleyball. Like me you were also attached to your mother. Somewhere I feel history repeats...we are all a part of some strange cycle of birth and re-births...may be not rebirths but you can say it is of experiences.
Coming back to Dad, I have always felt proud of him so much. Proud that he is my dad. I hope I reach a position in life, which makes him feel proud. I have to God. They have spent so much on me. I remeber dad use to spent all his salary on our education. Years ago, When we were living in Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh, he brought us Asterix and Obelix comic books.....those days it costed him a fortune. He always brought books. Books and Food we were lavish on. He never compromised on quality. He always got the best for us....God I wish and I will(thats my dream) to provide him with all the comforts and luxuries of life.
But papa I hate you for onething.......Mumma loved you so much and she worked for you all these years...32 years thats a long-long time but you always made fun of her in front of others....that was always little bit de-motivating....though you might be doing it just to make situation light......
Papa your cooking skills are extra-ordinary because I have never tasted food so delicious when it is cooked by you...You beat all the woman cooks.....Poor Mumma was always at the receiving end of our humour and caustic comments about her cooking skills on the dinner table every evening.......
Oh!!!!! I am writing everything positive but How did I miss your singing....Believe me any frog would be better than you...pardon me for saying this but that is a fact....that's where Mumma beats you...she is an amazing good singer......
I remember your favourite song...i do understand that you had heard it when you did not know Hindi....But I will give you some brownie points on the tune, which is remarkably similiar to the original....... your version of the beautiful Kishore Kumar song aa chal ke tujhe, mein leke chaloon, ek aise gagan ke talein..


Your version, sounds like this:....aaallee kacjulam, tujhe wai sagin ke taale.....yaahan hum, bas tum....bas pyaar pyaar hee pyar chalein.....Appa which language is this? but tune is the same. I remember when Nitin had sung this song in school and I said to him that this song seems very familiar as my dad too sings something like this.....later i realised it was the same song.

Papa I love you simply...If you were not there my life would have not been what it is today...though we also have many differences.

No comments:

The Birth Of India's Soul

 B R Ambedkar,  With steady hand,   Crafted justice for a divided land.   With ink and thought,  Through day and night,   He shaped a future...