Saturday 9 June 2007

Sitting on a Sunday, I browsed singer George Michael’s website. I was going through the lyrics of his songs ‘Everything She Wants’. Trying to find if I could connect to some lines.
Then thoughts poured in just like the rain outside.

I guess I must have loved him. I thought he was the perfect guy for me. It’s been seven years since I first met him. I never knew what he wanted from me. Some people work for living, some for fun but I work to keep myself away from his memories. He is far and out of reach.
I worked so hard for him but my best wasn’t good enough.
Oh God!...How much more do you want me to work harder? I worked so hard still it did not help us in coming together. It’s just a matter of time. I just hope situation changes.

If something was bugging, something wasn’t right he could have told me. He left me with sleepless nights. Left me dreaming about things, which I could not contemplate. He left me hanging without any hope to cling to.
I wanted the sun to shine brighter on him but he left me with grey skies all around. I wanted to be his Lady, who brings the bright spark in his dark life. I didn’t want to go solo in life. He took to the left, when I took a turn to the right. Our paths were never to meet again. I wanted him to cuddle me up with his warmth to beat the outside cold.
You made me look into myself and realise what I lacked. Look into the eyes of any old person you can see God staring back at you.

You left me with mixed feelings or should I say all messed up. Too broken to be fixed. Was love a trap? My heart was broken. My fate was being sealed. I had so many questions. The day you walked in my life, it had been changed forever. The words which hurt me most was that I was just a click away. I wanted to fall into a slumber from where I could never wake. To eat a pill that could kill.
You got yourself a new girl. I am waiting for the day when you knock on my door again. This time I will not end in tears. I want you to feel the same shame.

No comments:

The Birth Of India's Soul

 B R Ambedkar,  With steady hand,   Crafted justice for a divided land.   With ink and thought,  Through day and night,   He shaped a future...