Monday 30 June 2014

THE END


Amma and Appachan, today, have gone to Chittoor. They are attending my cousin’s father-in-law’s funeral. And it has been pouring since morning. Uncle was undergoing cancer treatment at Lakeshore Hospital. His body was recovered from the well as he had committed suicide. The funeral was held at 4.00pm. Took leave from work…

 

THE END

I saw him motionless,

My eyes were drowned in tears,

A lump in my throat,

The child in me wept inconsolably…

 

Hours later, he still remained

Motionless,

 

I cried

Speak to me, please

Will you please?

 

I cried

Wake up, please

Will you please?

 

Your little girl is crying

Please, hold her

 

Everything appeared pale,

Why did they wrap you in white?

You led such a colorful life

This somehow didn’t suit you…

 

 

 

No comments:

A poet in the courtroom

 In the hallowed halls of justice, where shadows softly fall,  A lawyer stands with purpose, answering the call. With words as their weapon,...