Friday 11 July 2014

BEGGARS IN LIFE

Rains outside my window and the dim morning light provide me the perfect ambience to type my thoughts…Most of which stems during the 15-minutes of walk that I have through the busy MG Road in Kochi. Metro work progressing. I see life passing by. People, all sorts of people, you can observe. From the stinking rich to the poor, everybody is there. Some I see almost every day. Unconsciously, they ha...ve become part of my life. I feel something amiss if I don’t see them. Here is an ode to my beggar friend, whom I have not seen for many days. God, keep him safe in your care wherever he is.

BEGGARS IN LIFE

Hey, my friend!
Missing you
In the busy streets,
Where have you gone?
It’s been long
Since I saw you

I and you
We are alike
Both beg
You ask for living
I ask for happiness
What a day,
With you being away

I and You
We are alike
Both are children’s
Of the same God
What a twist of fate,
I walk here,
You sat crippled there,
And, I wonder why?

No comments:

A poet in the courtroom

 In the hallowed halls of justice, where shadows softly fall,  A lawyer stands with purpose, answering the call. With words as their weapon,...