Monday 14 July 2014

BETTER TO BE ANIMALS THAN HUMANS

A few lines that I scribbled on the Israel-Palestine conflict...Let peace prevail. War is futile. Truce. Political, religious and economic games are fine but not at the cost of human lives, please!!!

BETTER TO BE ANIMALS THAN HUMANS
I read,
In the morning papers,
Screaming headlines
On Facebook,
I saw images
Of death and destruction
Of tanks, invasions and incursions...
About Israel, Palestine conflict
With death toll,
Rising over 160

And I thought
In war
Who is the victor?
Who is the vanquished?
None…
Can peace be brought with war?
What an irony…
What does anyone get from war?
Haven’t we learned the lessons from past?
It's the innocent civilians
Who always bear the brunt...

With Hamas,
Kind of losing its seven-year-old grip on Gaza
And Egypt taking sides

I don’t care a damn about who wins,
Or who loses…
But I do care for human lives…

Come on, we are not talking,
About flowers drooping and dropping dead
From a bough
But it is of humans
In flesh and blood
Who are dying...
Sometimes I feel,
It’s better to be animals than humans,
At least animals don’t make weapons
And destroy their own breed!!!

No comments:

A poet in the courtroom

 In the hallowed halls of justice, where shadows softly fall,  A lawyer stands with purpose, answering the call. With words as their weapon,...