Sunday 27 July 2014

SEASONED WITH LOVE

Here are a few lines that I penned on my lifelong affair with 'Kattan Chai' aka black tea...

SEASONED WITH LOVE

Years have rolled by,
But my relation,
With you,
Never ceases to amuse me

Your scent and sight,
Makes me feel bright

Some like you light,
But I like you dark,
And strong

Some like you cold,
But I like you sizzling,
Steaming hot
Especially when ill,
I like you with basil
On some days
Mother brews you,
With dried ginger
Some days
She spices you up,
With a dash of pepper
Anyways, a sip is all it takes
To give me a kick,
And gets me going,
To face life’s jerks,
Reviving my tired senses,
Relaxing my nerves,
And energizing my mind

I fancy you,
Every morning,
And every evening
How can I live without you?
I have grown up,
With you
Soothing my soul,
Each day of my life
Drinking nectar,
From your cup of happiness,
That brims over,
Into my life!

Seasoned with my mother’s love
You make your way,
From her tea pot
Straight into my heart
Thank you,
For being there
Each day of my life!

No comments:

A poet in the courtroom

 In the hallowed halls of justice, where shadows softly fall,  A lawyer stands with purpose, answering the call. With words as their weapon,...